The mission of GCMAP is to support the nonprofit sector as a collaborative driver of social change for a healthier Galveston County by providing assitance to organize, unify, and strengthen the voice of the nonprofit sector.
GCMAP mission focuses on building the non- profit management capacity in Galveston County and enhancing the productive/positive impact of community-based nonprofits individually and collectively, through networking and training, outreach and collaborative initiatives.
Poised on Possibility… Evolving to meet the needs of Galveston County nonprofits.
- To provide opportunities to deliver a unified voice on emerging public policies that affect Galveston County
- To partner with Galveston County nonprofits and help maximize successful mission outcomes.
- To provide access to resources needed to increase the efficacy of member agency’s mission footprint.
- To promote leadership through workshops, collaborative meetings, and resource referral and development.
- To provide a bridge for the sharing of intellectual resources, marketing assistance and leadership in non-profit polity and administration.
- To develop a centralized multi-agency forum where community stakeholders and executive directors can convene to collaborate on the current and critical needs of the Galveston County nonprofit sector. The forum exists:
To encourage community-based strategic planning and networking
To engage in inter-agency projects and cross marketing efforts
To address mutual concerns about the “state of the community”-collectively and holistically
- To increase their purchasing power by provide discounts on products and services that meet the current needs of individual members and the nonprofit sector as a whole.